Camels cannot differ from other living creatures in their need for a balanced diet.. Although they have a different digestive system, it is not sufficient to bear the restriction of their food to one type only, and there are several foods that can be offered to camels, including dry bread.
Benefits of dry bread for camels
Camels are among the animals that are of great value to the Arabs. Therefore, they are keen to take care of them and provide them with the food they need and the requirements of life, and not many people can know how to properly feed camels.
There are many foods that can be relied upon in camel food, such as dry bread. Many health benefits have been mentioned for it.
- It has a high nutritional value, which is evident in the many elements it contains.
- Practical alternative to barley and fodder.
- It is used to fatten camels.
- Always available.
Feeding camels with dry bread
Camels can endure long periods without food; And this is in the event that it is fed in the correct and proper way that helps it digest and store food.
As neglecting this causes digestive problems that impede the digestion of food, which makes it without any nutritional value, and even to obtain the benefit of dry bread for camels, some things must be followed when feeding them.
- collecting a large amount of stale bread first, and then crumbling it; So that it is soft in a large proportion .. It is not limited to feeding camels with dry bread only, but it is added to some other materials.
- mixing dry bread with fodder; So that the amount of bread doubles the amount of fodder, then it is presented to the camels.
- It is not recommended to offer dry bread to camels more than once a day.
Taking into account the:
- Integration of the camel’s diet with fodder.. In the event that food is provided to camels more than once a day, it must be ready-made or green fodder.
- Eating dry bread periodically for camels causes the accumulation of fat in the body of camels, and thus weight gain, which causes health problems.
Does dry bread replace barley for camels?
It is not possible to suffice with dry bread alone in feeding camels, as they need a balanced diet. To obtain their nutritional needs that are kept healthy and disease-free.
Relying on dry bread alone causes them a lot of damage, so it is mixed with other materials and some other types of food are added to them. Barley cannot be dispensed with in feeding camels because of its many benefits.
Read also about: crushed barley for camels
Does dry bread harm camels?
Excessive feeding of dry bread to camels causes them various harms. Despite the benefits of bread for camels, the appropriate daily amount of bread must be taken into account, especially if the camel is pregnant. Where several cases were observed in which dry bread caused the death of fetuses in the stomachs of camels.
Camels are a spirit that must be cared for and not be prejudiced. The first step in caring for them is to provide them with their need for food, and to choose useful species that give them high nutritional value.